Thursday, January 20, 2011

It's that time again!

School is here again! I started out taking Pre Calculus and Microbiology. I had to go through some paper work and a few phone calls before I could start my Medical Terminology and CNA course. Yes, I have already been certified as a CNA  a few years ago, but I never worked with it, so it expired. Also, now that I am in a different state I have to recertify anyways, so it doesn't bother me too much to have to take the class again. 
Pre Calculus was awful!! The class was distance learning, which if you don't know what that is, it is when the teacher is at a different school and you watch him over a tv, and use microphones to communicate with them. I really don't mind classes like that, but it is math, and that is hard enough for me when there is a teacher in front of me teaching it. On top of that, he was foreign and I could barely understand him. He taught so fast, and I was lost on the second day!! I am the only one in that class so I was sitting there alone in this room just crying because I was so confused. I went out to the ladies at the student service desk and they said that a lot of students end up dropping this particular teacher's class because they find it difficult as well. So I ended up dropping the class with plans to sign back up maybe in the summer or next year with the best math teacher they have. I had her for my Math 1010 class and she was pretty awesome.
As for Microbiology, I LOVE it! My teacher is great and the class is a lot of fun. Of course there is a lot of information, and he has to move fast to get through it all, but he makes me excited for the class and makes me excited to learn. Don't you just love teachers like that?!
My book for Med Term should be in today (they were out), and all of the things that they needed should have been in today or yesterday, so HOPEFULLY I can go get signed up today and get started! Life is about to get busy, but I am fortunate enough to have a great boss at work that works great with my school schedule, so I shouldn't get too overwhelmed. 
Class tonight 5:30-8 then Jersey Shore!! Ahhh I'm addicted, drama drama! haha
Have a great night everyone!!

No comments:

Post a Comment